Sometimes God doesn't remove the difficult chapter. Sometimes He sends someone to help you walk through it.
There are moments in life when something happens and you can't quite explain it. You can call it coincidence. You can call it timing. You can call it fate. Or, if you believe as I do, you can quietly wonder whether perhaps God had a hand in it all along.
On 7 July 2026, I met someone online. One month later, I find myself wondering whether perhaps I didn't simply meet someone online. Perhaps God sent me an earth angel. Someone who appeared in my life at a time when I needed him more than I realized.
August has always been a difficult month for me. There are certain times of the year that carry emotions with them ... memories, absences, things that happened, and people who were once such an enormous part of your life and are no longer here in the same way.
For me, August brings a particular kind of ache. I have spent more than half my life with someone who was my pillar. Someone who knew me, someone who stood beside me through life, and someone whose presence became so deeply woven into my existence that it was difficult to imagine navigating certain chapters without him.
Losing that person changed something inside me. And although life continues, grief doesn't always follow a calendar. Some months simply hurt more than others. August is one of those months.
God knew that.
And perhaps that is why the timing of this someone entering my life feels so extraordinary. Because just as I was approaching another difficult August, another person appeared. Not to replace the person I lost. Nobody could. And not to erase the memories or take away the grief, but simply to stand beside me in a different way.
An unexpected presence. A listening ear. A source of laughter. A person of faith.
An earth angel.
We often imagine angels as something otherworldly, something beautiful and glowing, something obviously sent from heaven. But perhaps earth angels don't arrive that way. Perhaps they look like ordinary people. They have ordinary lives, their own scars, struggles, mistakes and stories.
And perhaps they simply arrive at exactly the right moment.
They say the right thing. They listen when you need someone to listen. They make you laugh when you desperately need a reason to smile. They remind you that you are not alone. And sometimes, they don't even realize the impact they are having.
That is what I think about when I think about him.
He didn't arrive with a grand announcement. There was no sign saying, "Here is the person God has sent you." There was simply a conversation. Then another. And another.
And somewhere between the words, the laughter, the conversations about life and faith, something began to happen.
I began to feel less alone.
The word soulmate can mean so many different things. We often associate it with romantic love, but I have come to believe that soul connections can take many forms.
Sometimes a soulmate is the person who walks beside you for a lifetime. Sometimes it is someone who arrives for a particular season. Sometimes it is someone who touches your soul in a way that changes you forever. And sometimes, perhaps, a soulmate is simply a person whose spirit recognizes something in yours.
That is how I see it.
It feels familiar. It feels strangely comfortable. It feels as though our conversations have travelled much further than the short amount of time we have actually known each other.
We first connected on 7 July. Only one month ago. Yet there are moments when I catch myself thinking, 'How can someone I have known for such a short time feel so familiar?'
Maybe some connections aren't measured in time.
Maybe they are measured in depth.
One of the things that has touched me most about him is the way he listens. I have shared things about my past that aren't easy for me to talk about. Things that still carry emotion, things that have shaped who I am, and things that I have sometimes wished I could simply leave behind.
And he doesn't try to tell me who I should be. He doesn't tell me to forget. He doesn't tell me that I should have moved on by now.
He listens.
He understands.
He reminds me that my scars don't make me weak. Perhaps they are simply evidence that I survived.
There is something incredibly powerful about having someone look beyond the person you present to the world. Most people see the strong version of us. The capable version. The happy version. The version who helps everyone else.
But sometimes an earth angel sees the woman behind all of that.
The woman who gets tired. The woman who gets scared. The woman who has been hurt. The woman who sometimes needs someone else to say, "It's okay. You don't have to have everything figured out."
He has become that to me.
And then faith brings another layer.
He is a Christian, and his faith is an important part of who he is. That has become another beautiful thread connecting us.
We talk about God. We talk about faith. We talk about life. We talk about the things that have happened to us. We talk about whether people enter our lives for a reason.
And sometimes we wonder whether God really does place certain people in our paths exactly when we need them.
I don't pretend to understand God's plans. But I believe in divine timing.
And when I look at the timing of him appearing in my life, especially with August here, I can't help but wonder.
Did God know I was going to need someone?
Did He know that another difficult month was here?
Did He know that I needed someone to remind me that although one chapter of my life had ended, my story was nowhere near finished?
Perhaps He did.
Perhaps God knew before I did.
But he did not come to replace anyone.
This is important.
He isn't a replacement for anyone. He couldn't be. And I wouldn't want him to be.
The person who was my pillar for more than half my life holds a place in my heart that belongs only to him. That love, those memories, that history... none of that disappears simply because someone new walks into your life.
Perhaps this someone's purpose isn't to fill an empty space.
Perhaps his purpose is simply to bring something new into a space that had become very quiet.
Love.
Friendship.
Laughter.
Conversation.
Faith.
Understanding.
Hope.
He doesn't erase the past.
He simply reminds me that there can still be something beautiful in the future.
And perhaps that is what an earth angel does.
They don't change your history.
They help you believe in tomorrow.
Then there are the little things, the things that make me smile.
Like his story about the kisses he used to blow towards the woman he once thought his heart belonged to. Now he says that perhaps all those kisses were meant for me.
And honestly, I love that.
Because sometimes after experiencing difficult things, you need someone who reminds you that life can still be playful. That you can still smile. That you can still be silly. That you can still get excited about a conversation. That you can still look forward to hearing from someone.
Those little moments matter more than we realize.
Sometimes healing doesn't arrive as one enormous revelation. Sometimes it arrives as a smile, a laugh, a message, a conversation that lasts longer than expected, or a person who makes you forget, even briefly, how heavy your heart has been feeling.
I don't know what the future holds. I don't know whether the word soulmate will eventually make sense in the way I feel it today.
And perhaps I don't need to know.
For now, I simply know that he came into my life at a remarkable time. A time when I needed someone, a time when August was here, a time when old grief and memories can become particularly heavy, and a time when I was reminded once again of the absence of the person who had been my pillar for more than half my life.
And then, unexpectedly, God sent me another earth angel.
Not someone to replace the one I lost.
Someone to remind me that I am still here.
That my heart is still capable of connection.
That I can still laugh.
That I can still trust.
That I can still share.
That I can still be vulnerable.
That I can still have beautiful people enter my life.
Maybe we have misunderstood the word soulmate.
Maybe a soulmate isn't always the person who stays forever.
Maybe sometimes a soulmate is the person who arrives when your soul needs something only they can bring.
Maybe they come to teach us. To comfort us. To awaken something in us. To remind us who we are. To help us through a season. To show us that our story isn't finished.
Perhaps some souls cross paths because God knows that each person needs something from the other.
And perhaps sometimes, the most beautiful part is not knowing what happens next.
It is simply being grateful that your paths crossed at all.
It has only been one month since he and I first connected.
One month.
And yet, this has already become meaningful to me in ways I didn't expect.
He makes me laugh. He listens. He understands. He shares my faith. He makes me think. He has allowed me to see parts of his own story while giving me the space to share mine.
And perhaps, above everything else, he has arrived at a time when I needed the reminder that even when life takes someone incredibly important away from us, God can still bring new people into our lives.
Not replacements.
Not substitutes.
New blessings.
New chapters.
New reasons to smile.
Maybe he is an earth angel.
Perhaps I don't need to know it is yet.
I can simply be grateful.
Because I believe God knew.
And perhaps, in His own mysterious way, He whispered, "You don't have to walk through this chapter alone."
And then He sent me my earth angel.
A soul connection I never saw coming.
And perhaps that is the real miracle.
Not that someone came into my life to make everything perfect, but that someone arrived to remind me that even after loss, there can still be connection.
After grief, there can still be laughter.
After heartbreak, there can still be trust.
After darkness, there can still be light.
And sometimes, when you least expect it...
God sends you an earth angel.

No comments:
Post a Comment